Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Feeling Great

After a few days of trying to figure out what I am doing here...today was the day it changed for me. A new sense of confidence arose as I woke up in the morning. The self conscious feeling of packing the "wrong" things, wearing too little/too much, having enough water and the general sense of where in world am I has finally worn off. As many of us know, there is no worse feeling than thinking you do not belong.
Today, we spent the entire day within Kelly Campus, the same site we are staying. As a group we were trekking through very tall brush, fighting sticks and mosquitoes on our hunt for bird nests. The challenge of following specific bird noises, tracking them with binoculars, and happily avoiding wild animals gives you an amazing sense of excitement.
As a group, we all must be looking forward to tomorrow, which will be a leisure day for all of us. We deserve the break from the exercise and the early mornings. I really look forward to a great rest of the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment