Watching Dora with my daughter and son always leaves me with a sense of awe over the simple backpack. Dora's pack always seems to have exactly what she needs inside to help her on her mission. I thought of Dora and my kids on the first two days of my Earthwatch Expedition to Wyoming to study songbirds. In the first two days, I had to reach into my backpack for various items including a GPS handheld device, water bottles, lunch, bug spray, hat sunscreen, bird nest identification card, satellite map, hand held radio, change of clothes, rain gear, mirror to view inside bird nests, and various bird and tree identification materials. One thing I have learned thus far on this expedition is that the simple backpack is my best friend, my food supplier, my medical kit, my tool kit, and my field guide all in one. Next time Dora comes on at home I will curl up with my kids and sing the "Backpack" theme song enthusiastically as I reminisce about all the times my "Backpack" had my "back" in Wyoming.
No comments:
Post a Comment